First, we understand you; then, we connect you.
We help progressive CEOs drive business growth by matching them with next-level solutions. To do this exceptionally well, we first learn about your challenge and find out with you whether our approaches to doing business align. We’re now ready to help you make progress fast. Learn more about the Boom approach to collaborating with CEO clients at the bottom of this page.
“At a crucial time, I discussed my challenges with Boom’s experts. I made my decision, got support from Boom, and was able to find the perfect match for a role that is vital to our business success.”— Charlie Mack, CEO of Cranstoun, 450 employees. HQ in Surrey, United Kingdom
Get our CEO Study
In partnership with HubSpot, we researched the top challenges faced by CEOs when it comes to driving business growth. In the CEO Study, you find:
- the top challenges according to 160 CEOs
- Inputs from 8 CEOs about what works for them
- Insights from 3 next-level experts
The progressive CEO
Here is what defines the CEO we love to work with.
- GROWTH They grow personally and also drive business growth
- PROGRESS They view business as a progress engine
- VISION They aspire to build a great, enduring company
- MAGNET They turn the organisation into a people magnet
- HEALTH They cultivate wellness for humans including themselves and the planet
If that’s you, we desire to assist you in moving forward faster and with more ease.
Find below lists of challenges that we help progressive CEOs to solve.
“I’m happy about our transformation over the years and a lot of it came through making good use of Boom’s services. Boom weaves the wisdom of great business leaders into their own philosophy and I love that.”— André Heller, CEO/founder of hellermeier, 7 employees. Lucerne, Switzerland
PEOPLE DECISIONS that we support CEOs with
Hiring the right people only
The CEO needs to get close to 100% of perfect-match hires
- We utilize scientific methods to match the business with new hires
- It saves money and energy every time the right person gets hired
Retaining the right people
- All great people are basically volunteers (Jim Collins, author of “Good To Great”)
- Retaining great key people is as important or more important as hiring them
- We tell you what the pillars of your teams really want and how to use this for success
Promoting the right people
- Great employees are an invaluable resource and key to success
- Fostering them means a big investment and you need to make to make it wisely
- Learn who will give your business a big return on what kind of investment
“Dave’s energy, inner drive and love for connecting the right people inspires CEOs to make strong decisions and lead their team towards business growth.”— Sylvia Stocker, CEO & founder of ARABESQUE LLC, Robotics & AI. Zurich, Switzerland
SALES CHALLENGES that we help CEOs solve
Improving the quality of contacts
- In theory, everybody knows that sales is not about features. In theory.
- We help you use the best insights into what your clients or customers really want
- Address your audiences the right way and the numbers will speak for themselves
Making sales improve everything
- “Salespeople hold the keys to your business”, some CEOs tell us
- It’s also true that great salespeople know the most about clients and markets
- We help you use the insights to improve marketing, product and support
Telling the story right
- CEOs can know everything about human-centricity and it’s still a difficult challenge
- Sales well done is opening the door for someone who already wishes to enter.
- We help businesses transform their messaging and become people magnets instead of hunting customers
“With Boom’s help, I’m able to better analyse the team’s dynamics and how it affects our performance. My business has used several Boom solutions and they help CEOs to move forward faster.”— Ronny Zingre, CEO/owner-manager of MBV (world leader in Microbial Air Sampling) and owner of Femron. 60 employees in total. Investor and Board Member of Plair. Client and investor of Boom.
MARKETING CHALLENGES that we solve with CEOs
Needing more contacts for the salespeople
- Do you think that marketing should make much of the sales efforts obsolete?
- You’ll want to move in this direction if you’re building a truly great company
- We can help with this. Let’s make a joint effort to take your business there
Getting unstuck with an agency
- Agencies have to do for you what you want them to do? If only it would always work out
- A lot can go wrong: Culture, processes, team structure, out-of-sync values
- We’re good at helping CEOs to get what they need or switch to a different vendor
Unleashing the power of the CEO brand
- People connect with companies whose CEO can be seen and felt
- The personal brand is one of the most underused assets in the CEO role
- We help you unleash its full energy and strength in a way that suits your personality
“Dave and I have kept meeting at my businesses’ conferences and we did media work around the launch of the 2nd edition of my book “Content Inc.” I love his special brand of all-in support when he believes in a project.”— Joe Pulizzi, Founder of The Tilt, Godfather Of Content Marketing. Cleveland, USA
EXECUTION CHALLENGES that we help CEOs solve
Transforming ineffective systems
- Systems that work are the coolest thing on earth. The others though…
- Stop troubleshooting rusty processes and faulty pipelines.
- The solution involves methods, training, and a deeper understanding of humans. We love to help with this.
Becoming a more agile business
- This takes a different mindset than the one that brought you to today’s situation
- The transformation process can turn into a minefield, because human brains usually do not change much
- We guide you to ensure that your progress is swift and secure.
Stopping to be the bottleneck
- This is what CEOs tell us about themselves a lot; the smaller their business, the more often we hear it
- It means becoming an agile organization and requires a fresh understanding of the CEO role
- Such a transformation is a challenge, but hey, let’s do it together!
“Dave helped me to build the foundation from the ground up. At the end of the phase with him as our Head Of Growth, we were 240+ supporters strong and capable of fulfilling our mission.”— Thomas Bergen, Founder of HOPE NOW foundation (and CEO of getAbstract, 170 employees). Lucerne, Switzerland
CHALLENGES WITH FINANCES that we solve with CEOs
Merging and acquiring
- Buying and selling companies sounds like fun. If only it wasn’t as complex
- The goal is for you to make the experience smooth and worth your time
- We help you with strategy, calculations, legal advice and negotiations that just work
Needing financial wisdom
- Finances are the lifeblood of a business and you need to get them right.
- If you’re not also a natural-born CFO things can get tricky easily
- Let’s match you with the financial expert who makes your goals a reality
- Boom doesn’t focus on startups but funding can be key in other stages, too
- It’s about approaching the right investors and getting the business ready for this.
- We connect you with the solution that gives you the best chances of success.
How we work with you
We increase success for progressive CEOS and their businesses by connecting them with next-level solutions. In order to live up to our promise, we curate and co-create highest-level solutions that effectively address each set of particular challenges.
When you reach out to Boom, here’s what to expect:
- Discovery call: You meet with our founder Dave Hertig
- Next steps: If both sides want to move forward, we define what’s next
- Dynamic audit: We baseline from where we start using the BoomMethod assessment
- Quick wins: We implement a plan that leads to results fast
- Continuity: Everyone is happy, so let’s tackle the next challenge together